Summer is just around the corner and if you’re like me, you made a Covid lockdown dog adoption and will be looking for things to do with your new pup. Even if you’ve had your dog for years there is always something new to explore!
(pictured is me and my new dog Roo!)
Here are my top 5 dog activities plus a BONUS dog event coming up this summer!
1. Grizzly Peak Brewing Company– Every night they have a Happy Hour called Pups on the Patio. Enjoy patio seating and order your pup a treat off their special menu just for dogs! They have cheeseburgers, bacon bites and more.
Part of the proceeds go to the Huron Valley Humane Society (we love to see it!)
2. University of Michigan Nichols Arboretum– Enjoy an afternoon stroll through 3.5 miles
of trails that criss-cross the Arboretum passing the peony garden, Alex Dow Field, along the Huron River and more.
As always, be sure to keep your dog on a leash for their safety and the safety of others!
3. Dog Parks! Check out Swift Run Park and Olson Park to let your dog run free! Dog parks are great for socializing and burning off lots of energy.
Be sure to get your annual permit needed for your dog to be off leash before you go or you could be fined.
4. Have a photo shoot in Graffiti alley. Explore the ever changing art of this alley just off East Liberty St.
5. Take your dog on a Canoe or Kayak trip. If your dog loves water they will love spending an afternoon out on the river. Opens May 1st
Plan ahead for the Fur Ball Christmas in July party. July 25th from 4pm -7pm at Fur ball Society Ypsilanti, MI. There will be doggy pools, photos with Beachy Mrs Claws, and a pet friendly cook out. It’s a beach theme so be sure to dress up pup up in their favorite summer gear!
Want someone to come walk your pup for you? Click here to learn how Perna’s Pet Care can help!